The target is to cover the following areas in the month of July.
- Visuallization and Language Coverage Matrix
- jQuery Milshake Libraries
Target – Visualizations and Language Coverage Matrix
Evaluate visualization libraries for the web to be used for processing and displaying data from the language coverage matrix
- To identify the selection criteria and select top 3 visualization libraries (JS/HTML5/CSS/server side appls)
- Build prototypes to demonstrate capabilities of each library
- Integrate initial snapshot of data for LCM into version 1 of visualizations
- Requirements: To determine – what types of visualization, graphs do we need for LCM and what are the features that could be used for visualizing complex event data for Language tools like ULS.
- Language Coverage Matrix – To go through technical specification and UI design mockups.
Target – jQuery Milkshake libraries
- To learn about jQuery.i18n, jQuery.ime, jQuery.webfonts, jQuery.uls
- To review the code
- To get involved with Bug Triaging
- To get some bug assigned and fix them
Now, the update of what I did get done in the last week:
This is what we have been using so far, so let’s get deep into that to analyse the Whys and Hows.
Even if we do not choose to use this any way, we should be having a fair idea of the reason behind it.
Limn has got wonderful developers like Dan, who was kind enough to sit with me for a meeting over hangout and we discussed several parts of it.
Limn is written in coco – ‘a CoffeeScript dialect that aims to be more radical and practical. But, not many people are contributing to the language right now – which is not a very good sign, maybe. Which could be a bit of a risk.
This could also be a bit weird for the new contributors, to start from a new language. Although I have tried it and it did not seem to be a very impossible job to do. There are also plugins like vim-coco, which could come handy. Still, there remains a bit of a risk.
A very beautiful chart of the current scenario of all the bugs that are present in Language Engineering.
We have decided that I would explore the internationalization bugs and sort out.
We are going to meet up again sometime soon (maybe, just tomorrow :)) to find out if there’s something that I could possibly triage/get assigned to in jQuery Milkshake Libraries.